Thanks to the February issue of People magazine, we’re here to let you know some tips on your next haircut or color!
- If you’re about to do a kind of drastic change, schedule a consultation! They’re free and only about 15 minutes. That way you and your stylist can discuss if the hairstyle you’re looking to get can work with your hair type.
- Bring pictures to your appointment! Photos help your stylist get a clear picture of the look you’re looking to get.
- Consider your lifestyle. Some cuts and colors require a little more maintenance.
- Be up-front. It’s your hair! Tell your stylist if you wear your hair curly, wavy, or straight, and about any issues like frizz or cowlicks. These little things could affect your cut.
For short hair, think about:
- layers. Ask your stylist for soft, texturized layers that blend in well. They’ll create a face-flattering look and give you maximum versatility.
- length. Keep your hair slightly longer on top. It’ll make styling it into several different looks much easier.
- products. For sexy piecey-ness, opt for lightweight texturizers like Bumble&bumble Surf Spray, Texture, or the Hair Powder! Mix a little Brilliantine to add some shine.
- upkeep. If your hair is straight, schedule a complimentary clean up every 2-4 weeks. If you hair is curly, 4 weeks is recommended just to keep your look at its best!
For medium hair, think about:
- hair type. Fine strands look best with blunt cut ends, while thicker textures look better with thinned-out, tapered tips.
- layers. They can start at either your cheekbones or your chin – both are super flattering!
- length. Ask your stylist to cut the back just a bit shorter – the ever-so-slight asymmetrical length gives your hair extra body and movement.
- upkeep. Get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks to help maintain your mid-length mane!
For long hair, think about:
- layers. Ask your stylist to keep them long – it adds body and movement to your strands while eliminating any dead weight.
- color. Subtle highlights or a trendy ombre effect help create interesting, eye-catching dimension, so long hair feels lighter!
- conditioning. Fried ends are much more visible on longer locks, so do a nourishing deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep hair looking and feeling healthy. The Quenching line is also perfect to add some moisture to the terribly thirsty! ;)
- upkeep. Sidestep split ends by minimizing the use of heat-styling tools, and ask your stylist to snip off a quarter of an inch every six weeks to maintain your hair’s length. If you do use heat-styling tools, be sure to get a heat protectant! The layering of Bumble products is ideal to save your hair from too much heat. Starting with Prep or Tonic, then adding Thickening Hairspray, Styling Lotion, or Styling Creme, and finishing with your favorite styling product like the Hairdresser’s Oil, Texture, or Grooming Creme will help build a barrier against the heat and keep you looking great!
Want to change your hair color??! New season, new color! Some tips we have for you are:
- start subtle. Try lowlights or highlights first to ease yourself into the idea of a totally new hue. You can always go more dramatic!
- make it last! Do a glossing treatment once a month to add shine to your shade. Switch to color safe shampoos and conditioners too. The color minded line from Bumble&bumble is perfect, but there’s also 7 other color-safe shampoos to choose from :)